Del City Police Officer Charged In Shooting Death Of Teen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is our society going soft?? Just like people are protesting for that other thug Trevon or whatever his thug name was. We all need to stand up for this guy that day in and day out put his life on the line for his comunity. Why is he being punished for doing his job? It's just ridiculous.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But, don't put this off on his parents. You can raise them right and they're still gonna do what they're gonna do. (BTW, I know NOTHING of this kid's parents. For all I know they might be the scum of the earth ... But then again they might not be.) This kid was 18 ... old and smart enough to know better.

It is my understanding that the officer had him pulled over, had removed the weapon he did have and somehow the suspect managed to cut and run. The officer shot him as he was attempting to climb a fence and get away. Now ... if my understanding of what happened is not correct then I'll retract my statement. But ... as I understand the facts right now, much as it pains me to say it, the charges filed were appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So the moral of the story in Oklahoma County is that if you defend yourself or others, you will be charged with murder/manslaughter. Sounds like it's time for a new DA up there.
What was he protecting himself from at the time he shot the punk? I'm sorry as much as I would like to side with the cop on this the person running away was no longer a threat.

Michael

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the officer had him pulled over, had removed the weapon he did have and somehow the suspect managed to cut and run. The officer shot him as he was attempting to climb a fence and get away. Now ... if my understanding of what happened is not correct then I'll retract my statement. But ... as I understand the facts right now, much as it pains me to say it, the charges filed were appropriate.

Ditto... I don't know jack squat about this case, this is the first I've heard of it. But if the facts were as BB described them, according to the law, he did wrong.

I do also agree that at some point, we have to let things of the past be the past... but there're a whole lot of Native Americans in Oklahoma that still believe they are part of an "unconquered and unconquerable" nation that still deserves billions of Federal dollars and independent rights as well...

Let's face it... ain't never gonna happen.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What was he protecting himself from at the time he shot the punk? I'm sorry as much as I would like to side with the cop on this the person running away was no longer a threat.

Michael

OK, I am a huge LEO supporter, but common sense has to come into play. The car he was eluding in had stopped, he was running away, got shot in the back, and I do not see where he was making a threat to the officer. It sounds like an adrenalin fueled shoot, and based on the fact the DA charged him, it looks like that may possibly be it. Having a badge is not a permit to be judge and jury, just like having a CCL makes you a superhero. Remember the Katrina cops that got convicted, rightly so, for killing the people on the bridge?

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it says something about this country that we devote this much time and attention to a story about a cop who may have screwed up (I say may only because I wasn't there and don't know the whole story). And not a single word in any of the local media about the Oklahoma deputy who died today responding to a call or the four US. Service members who died in Afghanistan..... These people died trying help others, and protect our freedom. And nary a word is spoken....... But when one screws up the media is out in force. Yes I know it's a story that needs to be told but so does the story of the hero's that didn't screw up and died for someone else.......

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn that sucks... wonder if they were riding together for some reason, or if they crashed into each other. Only link I could find on Google didn't even give as much info as above.

Prayers for the family members of both officers. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom