Democratic Party Platform: Reinstate assault weapons ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jesse Jackson said that he wants to ban all guns except bolt-action rifles, shotguns and revolvers.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/6/hide-your-guns/
MILLER: Hide your guns
Democrats vow to pursue more gun-control laws
By Emily Miller - The Washington Times Thursday, September 6, 2012

....."D.C. Councilman Jack Evans, a delegate to the convention, explained to me, “We still feel very strongly about guns in the District - and people not having them.” Mr. Evans said of the platform, “the stronger the language, the better.”".....

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Jesse Jackson said that he wants to ban all guns except bolt-action rifles, shotguns and revolvers.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/6/hide-your-guns/
MILLER: Hide your guns
Democrats vow to pursue more gun-control laws
By Emily Miller - The Washington Times Thursday, September 6, 2012

....."D.C. Councilman Jack Evans, a delegate to the convention, explained to me, “We still feel very strongly about guns in the District - and people not having them.” Mr. Evans said of the platform, “the stronger the language, the better.”".....

Maybe we should just let jesse do the confiscatiting. He can start in Louisiana's bayou country.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/07/profiles-in-cowardice-the-2012-obama-platform/
Profiles in cowardice: the 2012 Obama platform
Published: 8:43 AM 09/07/2012

.."Rather than acknowledge the deadly truth about how the anti-gun policies he promoted as a state senator have utterly failed the good people of Chicago, Obama is hoping that a not-so-subtle change in the Democratic Party platform will sweep it all under the rug."..

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the article was about adding it to the official platform for the party. That voting happened at the convention, and I didn't hear anything about it being added to their platform. Still tons of dems running around out there wanting to snatch up and ban guns, but I don't think it made it to the "official" stage.

BrandX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You ban guns and people will start stabbing each other. You ban knives and people will throw each other out windows. You ban windows and ondoor plants will die. The circle of violence continues!!

Blurplers

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate the term "assault weapon". Technically speaking, it isn't an "assault weapon" unless it is used to assault someone. What about assault knives, assault baseball bats, assault hands/feet. Hell, if it can be used to harm someone, make it illegal.

you got it right on the money man!!. Heres what the Dem. party really wants to say. (btw this is a JOKE lol)
"YES i agree. lets make EVERYTHING illegal that could harm anyone. WAIT. humans harm ppl. lets make them illegal too. From now on NO MORE PPL SHALL BE MADE. THE HUMAN RACE IS ILLEGAL EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Wait. no. ppl will still be around even if we stop the "production of humans" WE MUST ALL KILL OURSELVES NOW BECAUSE WE HUMANS ONLY HARM OTHER HUMANS. WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMY. WE MUST ALL DIE IN ORDER TO SAVE THE EARTH. - sincerely- THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY." maybe

Blurplers

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
you got it right on the money man!!. Heres what the Dem. party really wants to say. (btw this is a JOKE lol)
"YES i agree. lets make EVERYTHING illegal that could harm anyone. WAIT. humans harm ppl. lets make them illegal too. From now on NO MORE PPL SHALL BE MADE. THE HUMAN RACE IS ILLEGAL EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Wait. no. ppl will still be around even if we stop the "production of humans" WE MUST ALL KILL OURSELVES NOW BECAUSE WE HUMANS ONLY HARM OTHER HUMANS. WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMY. WE MUST ALL DIE IN ORDER TO SAVE THE EARTH. - sincerely- THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY." maybe

And than their heads explode from their brain overloading with the constant ways for ppl to be harmed. the need for self preservation, but protecting the ppl which the represent. Where is Cheech and Chong when u need them to spread some "**** it, it will all be ok, MAN" type vibrations. *hint, hint* lol

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yet many on this board will vote them in anyway

True. Folks just have to decide what is important to them. And it seems odd that anyone frequenting this forum wouldn't have their firearms as an important issue in their lives. Their justification may be that Obamer has done and will so much more good in his second term. I say BS!

Latest posts

Top Bottom