Desperate for custom earplugs !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ratski, I do know it's apnea, I have a cpap machine but have a hard time wearing it, I'll be going to a Dr. Soon and see what other options there are. Thanks for the concern. I have been struggling with it for several years. Cowboydoc, we are gonna check them out, thanks and we did go to BassPro and got the custom fit kit to make her very own ! Thanks Aviator41. Something's gotta work !!!!

Hipshot, if you have been diagnosed with apnea and struggle with the CPAP, then Dr. Angie is the place to go.
She can set you up with an Oral Appliance that is a great alternative to the CPAP.

Medical docs will push the CPAP and surgery before Oral Appliances because they are not familiar with them.
Oral Appliances work as well as CPAP for Mild to Moderate Sleep Apnea.
I've worked several cases of extreme with the Oral Appliance also and had very good success with it in those cases.

Plus, the Oral Appliance therapy is usually covered by medical insurance, even though a dentist is providing the treatment and therapy.

If you go to the doc and he/she mentions any form of surgical treatment, please check the other options.
PM me is you want, I'll shoot you my phone number if you want to talk professionally about it.

Dave

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes dont go the surgical route. I had a UPPP done several years ago... it did help my daily breathing out some but my wife says i still snore just as loud if not louder than i did before. I am sure the Dr can get you something better but if you want something quick and cheaper and it seems to work really well for me look into the SnoreRX mouth piece it really does help alot.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get some of the 2 part silicon mold putty and make your own custom fitted earplugs. Just mix the two puttys together, press into your ear (not too far) insert something to get hold of to remove it once done and let the putty setup. Here is a link to some of the putty at Walmart but I think Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Amazon, etc. have it too.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/30108239?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227020608778&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=52595278631&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=84476672951&veh=sem

Don't do this. Unless you make a couple hundred pair of these a year, your chance of making a tight fit and comfortable product are slim.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have custom ear plugs for work because i have trouble with ear infections from using the kind that go deep inside the ear canal. It has been my experience that they suck. Using the soft silicone type for swimming has been the best so far, and they don't come out of your ear unless you pull them out intentionally. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom