Dick Sporting Goods in OKC? No Handguns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Dicks to get some fly fishing gear. They had nothing. They had no fishing waders either... But I did see a Remington 11-87 on the wall for $500. It was supposed to sell for $575 - 75 with manufactures rebate. Well all I saw was $500 and the guy working the counter thought the same. So basically I got a new semi 28" wood 1187 for around $465 after tax and rebate :D

This may be a good deal as well for a Remington 700. http://www.slickguns.com/product/re...rted-calibers-34998-dicks-sporting-goods-2012

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mostly agree with what others have said... Dick's doesn't seem to offer anything over Academy. The only thing I noticed that was competitively priced while looking through during their grand opening was 10/22s.

johnharms

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I am glad I read this thread. Now I will not waste anytime going to Dick's. The only reason I was going was to compare ammo prices. But, as much as I dislike Walmart, there price is still king for me.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are definitely not the place to go for ammo or guns and their shoe selection is sub par unless you're looking for team sports (basketball, football, etc), but they have a great selection of ski, snowboard and cold weather gear that i haven't seen anywhere else.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not smart business practice opening 4 stores in town and being the most expensive in town with the smallest selection of merchandise. They won't stay in business long like that. I went to check out the store on Macarthur just to see for myself. I thought it was a wasted trip. I won't be back anytime soon?

Latest posts

Top Bottom