Did some shooting with my Glock19 at 50 and 100 yards today with (Video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a nice day to be out shootin. I decided to try and shoot my G19 at 50 and 100 yards at some 1 gallon jugs. I think Ive tried shooting at 50 yards once before a while back, but this was the first time I ever tried it at 100 yards. :gun2:

Last edited by a moderator:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice shootin'!

I have shot clay pigeons at 50 yards with a M&PC but I have never tried anything like that at 100 yards.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At 100 yards, how high above the milk jug are you shooting? Where is your point of aim on that board behind the milk jug?

Interjection: It may be some time before OP comes back to this thread. My .44 mag has good, adjustable sites and is dialed into 25 yards - which is the measured length of my pistol range; I can't go back too much further or I'll end up in barb wire. Point of aim point of impact shooting from the bench at 25 yards. Since OP is shooting fixed sights, how high is he shooting to impact the one gallon jug from 100 yards? Just a ball park figure would be appreciated, as I intend to have a load of dirt hauled out to my pasture to extend my pistol range to 150 yards, later this summer.

Last edited:

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At 100 yards, how high above the milk jug are you shooting? Where is your point of aim on that board behind the milk jug?

Its kinda weird. I shot at 50 yards once before and if I aimed directly at the target I would always hit high and left. So this time when I started I just aimed a little low and to the right at 50 yards. Whats weird to me is that it was the same at 100 yards. I still aimed to the bottom right a little and hit it the jug. I didnt hold high for any drop and I didnt cover up the target with the front sight or anything. I dont know if its the way I hold the gun, or the sights, or what. I figured I would have to hold above the target at 100 yards, but I actually did the opposite. I may try shooting from my table there at 100 yards with a rest and see how that works. I was a little confused with it myself actually, lol.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its kinda weird. I shot at 50 yards once before and if I aimed directly at the target I would always hit high and left. So this time when I started I just aimed a little low and to the right at 50 yards. Whats weird to me is that it was the same at 100 yards. I still aimed to the bottom right a little and hit it the jug. I didnt hold high for any drop and I didnt cover up the target with the front sight or anything. I dont know if its the way I hold the gun, or the sights, or what. I figured I would have to hold above the target at 100 yards, but I actually did the opposite. I may try shooting from my table there at 100 yards with a rest and see how that works. I was a little confused with it myself actually, lol.

Thanks! Does the extended mag serve as a sort of counter balance, do you think?

Intejection: Gotta go to work. Touch base with you later, thanks!!!

Last edited:

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! Does the extended mag serve as a sort of counter balance, do you think?

Intejection: Gotta go to work. Touch base with you later, thanks!!!

Yea, for me I like how the extended mag balances out the gun, so I use it most of the time now. And having 30 rounds to shoot without reloading is nice to, lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom