Did you know!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, we have a flip-phone on a pay-as-you-go plan (about $9 per month, no internet), mainly for roadside assistance or to call the phone/utility companies if our land-line goes down.

If I could get it to my computer, I can load it on the kindle.

I like this guy, old school.......whooahh

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has it been, by any chance, turned into a audio book? I like listening to audio books while cutting the grass or working out since I rarely have time to sit and read
No, it hasn't. I'm looking at the possibility of self-publishing in paperback but I'd need a good cover. Several things have been suggested to me by members here, and I'm continuing my thinking.

One thing I have got to do is to proofread it, as I am reading it on my PC once more and the typos jump out at me. There ain't many but they are there. One punctuation goof is painfully obvious and I have got to correct that. Fortunately, the Word program has a feature that allows for this and it is fairly quick. I used it to change the name of one of the characters and it was done in a short time. It is a long book, and the correction should take a day or so. Anyway, in my works after this, (short stories, and the novel I mentioned in an earlier thread) I have used the correct punctuation. I'm learning.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I'd let those who are interested know that the proofreading is finally going fairly well. After a few times at bat hitting the wrong icon, and having to start over again, I thought of breaking up the book by parts (part 1, 2, etc.) and doing the corrections that way instead of the whole ball of wax at once. That is working splendidly, as I just started it Tuesday if memory serves, and I already have something like 300-400 pages done.

And if you want to order it, just click on the link on my sig line where it says The Pale Horse. That'll take you right to it.

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I'd let those who are interested know that the proofreading is finally going fairly well. After a few times at bat hitting the wrong icon, and having to start over again, I thought of breaking up the book by parts (part 1, 2, etc.) and doing the corrections that way instead of the whole ball of wax at once. That is working splendidly, as I just started it Tuesday if memory serves, and I already have something like 300-400 pages done.

And if you want to order it, just click on the link on my sig line where it says The Pale Horse. That'll take you right tom it.
300-400 pages done and more to go?? Please tell me there's lots of pictures and a popup every other page!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's about 1400 pages long. The research and the writing took me about four years, but I enjoyed doing it. Nope; no pictures and no popups. A good way to think of it might be in terms of Stephen King's The Stand without the supernatural stuff.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom