Dies 223 ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which type to go with for 223 ammo fired one and only gun ?

Small base.......................or ......................Full lenght ..............roll crimp.............taper crimp

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yap what the others said plus get an RCBS X size die.

After your first trim and fire form use the X die per in structions to FL size, it keeps the brass from growing during the sizing process.

If you have good neck tension then there is no need to crimp.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean no crimped primers - brass man.com

am looking at lee deluxe dies from midway

That lee set is just fine. In 223 I have a set of hornady new dimension dies, RCBS, Dillon and I use my lee the most ( maybe because I'm so familiar with setting them up?) . If you use the factory crimp die make sure you dont over crimp and push back the shoulder. Just a kiss is more then fine

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used most brands of dies and prefer lee deluxe sets or rcbs. Honaday new dimension dies are terrible, I ruined a few pieces of .270 weatherby brass attempting to seat some bullets the bullet seating collett ( to prevent runout) was not the correct size. Sent back to hornady and they did replace the collet but I will not use another set for anything besides a paper weight. Check www.midsouthshooters.com they are usually a few dollars cheaper on lee dies. Good luck and happy shooting 7stw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom