Skipped a step in brass prep. Whoops.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not saying it doesn't help, but I never brush the necks or re-anneal them- 1000s of rounds and no problem - usually last for 2-3 cycles then resize case length but then Im happy with "not perfect" but pretty darn accurate
I am anal, anything I can do to tighten my groups gets done.
Besides buying an aftermarket barrel.
I do not think I will ever do that. I will just tweak the off the Walmart/Academy shelf rifle I have and make the best ammo I can.
Anal :)

It is probably from building engines for decades and I get anal there also.
Perfect cylinder wall finish for the rings being used and perfect clearances if I want .0035" piston to wall it better not be .003"
File fit rings all tops at .030" and seconds at .033" for the last one I did.

Zero dust on any bearings or journals when assembling ...Garage door stays shut until it is all buttoned up.
Super bright lights overhead to see everything.
Yea I have a problem, surgical clean is probably not needed.
But i do not know anyone else that has as many miles on a small block chevy as I do and have revved it to 8500 rpm and had no issues.
Standard bore standard crank from 1969 No ring ridge. Gets the snot beat out of it all the time.
Well over 400,000 miles.
I am ate up with it.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am anal, anything I can do to tighten my groups gets done.
Besides buying an aftermarket barrel.
I do not think I will ever do that. I will just tweak the off the Walmart/Academy shelf rifle I have and make the best ammo I can.
Anal :)

It is probably from building engines for decades and I get anal there also.
Perfect cylinder wall finish for the rings being used and perfect clearances if I want .0035" piston to wall it better not be .003"
File fit rings all tops at .030" and seconds at .033" for the last one I did.

Zero dust on any bearings or journals when assembling ...Garage door stays shut until it is all buttoned up.
Super bright lights overhead to see everything.
Yea I have a problem, surgical clean is probably not needed.
But i do not know anyone else that has as many miles on a small block chevy as I do and have revved it to 8500 rpm and had no issues.
Standard bore standard crank from 1969 No ring ridge. Gets the snot beat out of it all the time.
Well over 400,000 miles.
I am ate up with it.
There are now new non-drug treatments for OCD involving electrical brain stimulation. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom