dillion service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent in a square deal press and 2 sets of dies for a rebuild. It had several missing parts. I got a totally rebuilt press with new dies allready set up, new primmer pick up tubes, new powder dispencer, and a spare parts kit. There service is the best. They have a life long custumer with me now. I wish more companys did business like that. Total $233 paid in full. This make me 2 dillion presses a 550b for 9mm and the square deal for 45acp. Now all I need is primmers.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dillon won't charge for most broken/worn out/out of spec machine parts. Over the years, they've sent me: powder measures to replace those not up to current safety standard, primer bar to replace worn out one, shell holder to replace one out of spec and a few other small parts.

They will sometimes charge for replacement of parts "lost" off a used machine, of which you aren't the original owner. Recently I paid for a bullet catch tray, 9mm powder funnel, large primer slide and a small plastic part; all these missing from a gently used 550B I recently acquired. Dillon doesn't guarantee electronics (like brass tumbler motors) beyond 12 months.

I don't know of a loading press company that offers better loading equipment or customer service.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dillon customer service has got to be the absolute best of any company I have ever dealt with.

I can't say enough positive about them.

Dave

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have a deal where they rebuild the SDB for 49.95. I'm not sure how you got it up to $233... perhaps they replaced more parts than normal.

B

Woodcutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dillon won't charge for most broken/worn out/out of spec machine parts. Over the years, they've sent me: powder measures to replace those not up to current safety standard, ...

Buzzdraw,
Please tell me about the powder measures that are not up to current safety standard. How can I tell if I have one of those?

Thanks.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buzzdraw,
Please tell me about the powder measures that are not up to current safety standard. How can I tell if I have one of those?

Thanks.
I was hopeful I had one of the old measures to pose for the camera; no luck. If your measure "sticks", i.e. doesn't drop powder with each time the ram presses the shell carrier plate fully up, then you may have one. The very early 550's had sometime sticky measures and I had one. My tried & true 550B has a circa '93-'96 measure. It has a mechanical linkage via a rod from the ram/shell plate to the measure. There is a later model linkage system that does the same thing, but perhaps even better. I'm perfectly pleased with my '93 version. They WILL throw a powder charge every time the measure bells a case mouth, when the rod linkage is properly adjusted.

Aldrin44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called them a couple of days ago with a problem with my 550. The guy that answered the phone was able to diagnose and correct my problem. No transfers..no runaround..I was very impressed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom