Dillon Roller Handle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a dillon 550 and have done around 15k rds in the last year with it. Is a roller handle worth the money? I just did not know if it would help with wrist fatigue, etc.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two 550's. My first one had the ball handle and a friend told me to get the roller handle. I got the aluminum one and it was a Godsend. Best upgrade I could have done. Recently picked up another 550 for a bargain that was already set up. It came with the plastic roller handle. It's better than the ball handle, but for some dumb reason they made it part round, part triangle shaped. It's definitely not as comfortable.

Bottom line, get the aluminum roller handle and if you don't like it, I'll buy it off you for full Dillon retail. How's that for a deal? :)

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two 550's. My first one had the ball handle and a friend told me to get the roller handle. I got the aluminum one and it was a Godsend. Best upgrade I could have done. Recently picked up another 550 for a bargain that was already set up. It came with the plastic roller handle. It's better than the ball handle, but for some dumb reason they made it part round, part triangle shaped. It's definitely not as comfortable.

Bottom line, get the aluminum roller handle and if you don't like it, I'll buy it off you for full Dillon retail. How's that for a deal? :)

+1. I thought it was some marketing voodoo when I ordered my press and told myself I wouldnt pay the money for it. After a couple hundred rounds on the ball handle, decided to order the alum and I can tell you there is a huge ergonomic difference.

Also, Im with tyromeo on the strong mount. My realoading bench sets up pretty high, but the strong mount is still an improvement, plus you can buy allkids of attachments and tool racks to fit on it.

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a dillon 550 and have done around 15k rds in the last year with it. Is a roller handle worth the money? I just did not know if it would help with wrist fatigue, etc.

Lonnie,

I've got one I bought and don't use, you can try it out if you'd like and see if you like it. I'm hoping to go to the USSA match this Saturday, I could bring it if you're going to be there.

Philip

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lonnie,

I've got one I bought and don't use, you can try it out if you'd like and see if you like it. I'm hoping to go to the USSA match this Saturday, I could bring it if you're going to be there.

Philip

This reminds me of the OSA of old! Good on you Phil!

Lonnie, you will curse yourself for not getting the roller handle sooner. It is one of the "must haves" for the Dillon presses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom