Do you have AAA and is it worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had it for several years and use it every year for one reason or another. Pay a little extra and get the extended mileage tow, i think the regular is only good for likr in town. I've use it for dead battery, key locked inside,

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it is worth it, most definitely.

I'm sort of on the edge of being a senior citizen and just flat out don't want to change flat tires anymore if I can help it. I will if I have to, but they do it so nice and easy.

I've used them for jump starts. They do lockouts, if you lock your keys in your car, there are more services they do.

I really like going into one of their stores and getting maps and guidebooks.

I've not driven on a trip this year due to the covid Chinese ********, but up til now I would drive 2 or 3 trips, at least, every year. I used their motel/hotel discounts, and that alone paid for my yearly membership fee. I liked that a lot.

Their new buildings now have auto repair shops.

If you live far out in a rural area where AAA does not operate, maybe it's not such a good idea, unless you drive trips a lot.

So yeah, I do recommend AAA

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had it for years. Only used a few times. Plus, some of the newer model cars do not come with a spare----and I happen to have one of those. Peace of mind.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got it this year but now after switching insurance, I now have roadside on the ins. policy for free. I had Good Sam when I was towing my RV a lot. and I used it several times. Wife or son lock keys in the car, call em and they came out in 30 min. and opened the car. Or a flat tire on the side of a busy highway in the heat or snow, priceless

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had AAA for over ten years and have never used it for anything. I forget that it can be used in some restaurants for a discount on meals among other things.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had AAA for many many years now,,,
It only costs me $88.00 per year.

If you use it even once during that time,,,
It's more than paid for itself.

Just a few weeks ago my friend had his car quit on him,,,
He called his wife who called a tow service.

To come out (less than ten miles from town) and tow him to a dealership,,,
Cost him the better part of four $100.00 bills.

Doing the math says at that cost,,,
Even if it's only used once every four years,,,
It would still be worth the small amount AAA costs.

Aarond

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have it, and I feel like I get my money's worth out of it when I look at it over multiple years.

I drive older cars, and having that free towing has gotten me out of some jams. Be sure to look at the different policy options, with all their new tiers it can be tricky to figure out how it all works. They now count "service calls" against all types of activities, which sucks because back in the down towing was it's own event type. You got something like 50 miles a tow for free, and dpeding on your tier, you got a certain amount of towing events, and they would even let you combine events to do one long tow. Now a tow and a jump start count against the same even count. So if you use it a lot getting jump starts because of a bad alternator, you may not have enough events left to cover the tow when the alternator finally dies.

Jcelt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also have had it for many years. It is great insurance for the cost. Have used it a few times for flats or jump starts, usually at the house. Used the towing twice. I have always been happy with it and gives me a piece of mind when traveling. Back in the days when we were traveling, I figured the discounts paid for the membership.

Latest posts

Top Bottom