Do You Have SHTF Plan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know there are a lot of people pushing daisys that were shot with "only" a 22lr. Remember its only a wimp caliber until you are shot with it.

Shot placement or lots of them. Since this is a SHTF scenario I guess I should go with shot placement and save ammo.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
baby wipes

No Joke!

I actually have baby wipes and diapers in my gun safe. My wife doesn't like to hear any kind of survival talk so I keep some of my preps out of sight and out of mind.

Ammo = Gold at least in the short term. You can't eat gold and it has no real value when you are worried about where your next meal is coming from or not getting shot.

I’m not arguing the historical value of Gold, only that Water, Food, Shelter, Defense, Mobility, Communications and many other things become far more important than money.

Red beans and rice. Anyone can buy enough to get by for a long, long time so if you don't at least have that in the pantry shame on you. Especially if you have children.

I would add that if you buy rice in bulk, Nam Hai Vietnamese market in Tulsa carries the huge U.N. style sacks at less than half of what you would pay anywhere else in town.

The main part is keeping current responsibilities and realities in perspective with what you hope will never happen. I don’t sit around all day planning my auto insurance needs but I don’t forget to pay the bill either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom