Scrap Steal Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Friends!

I'm needing some strips of scrap steal for a project. Thickness need to be somewhere close to gage 12. Needs to be ridge for support purposes.
The strips need to be 2" to 4" inches wide. Doesn't have to be any specific width just in this range.
Any sizable length would work. I plan to cut the strips into 4" pieces and I need 16 pieces total. After I'm done cutting them they should look like the general size below as an example. Doesn't have to have holes already but if I could find something like this at a reasonable cost I would put them so I don't have to drill the holes.
1688667036951.png

I'm planning weld one end of the piece to Unistrut and the other will get bolted into a 2x6 to hold the Unistrut firmly to the stud. I'm located in North Yukon (NW Expressway and Kilpatrick Turnpike) and hoping to find some with in a reasonable distance.

Feel free to call of text me if you have some scraps or know where I can get some reasonably. Many thanks for any help in advance.
Drew 405-370-7964

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When your driving around look for someone putting up a weld-up red iron building or go to a local metal supplier or even stop by a company that builds shop buildings. I had to buy about 300' of 1.5"x3" c-purlin last month and its 14ga and fairly stout, especially in short lenghts. if you have the ability you could probably the the lengths you need and the proper widths too. I bet some of these companies have remnents you could get for free, Or I only paid about $2.49/ft. shouldn't cost too much to get enough for 12 pieces.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For scrap steel needs I go to Standard Iron and Metal off Reno in OKC.
I love to look through their scrap section and many times they have good aluminum-brass and copper sheets inside.
Sometimes they have lead and I have bought rifle and pistol brass there once.
Dig through 55 gallon drums of it.

Lately I have just scrounged through the scrap steel for 35 cents a pound.
Lots of angle and round and square steel there a couple weeks ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom