Do You Have SHTF Plan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New form of currency my butt.

Anyone try wiping their butt with a bullet????

I'm stocking up on toilet paper.

Dave

I have quite a nice stock of TP and feminine products and I don't even use the latter, but I do know that they will be worth their weight in whatever I want when the SHTF!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB explained it all nicely above. Besides I am not fat, it is a cleverly designed modular food storage system. :D

Seriously if things do get to that point any food that keeps you going is going to be better then nothing and if you are doing heavy labor you are going to burn those carbs quicker then you think.

LOL ... me too!! :sunbath:

What's wrong with MREs? I like most of them.

Can you say N.A.S.T.Y. ...

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something about all these food storage threads has sparked a little memory from an Army exercise I was on many moons ago.

We were in the field doing a mas casualty exercise. Lunch time came around. Out came the rations. C-rats. (yes, a while ago). It was during the transition between C-rat and MREs.

Well, anyone that had experience with C-rats knows that they were packed in cans. Supposed to be one P-38 for each box of rations. P-38s seem to be one of the most prized possessions of a soldier at that time. Someone had gone thru the ration cases and removed ALL of the P-38s. There were very few of us that had one. I actually had my old boyscout pocket knife on me with a can opener and a P-38 on my dog tags (it is still there). I was one of the only guys that could help you get fed that day till the supply trucks came back out with can openers.

So, the moral of the story is, if you have alot of canned food, make sure you have some manual can openers. Not electric!!!

Dave

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something about all these food storage threads has sparked a little memory from an Army exercise I was on many moons ago.

We were in the field doing a mas casualty exercise. Lunch time came around. Out came the rations. C-rats. (yes, a while ago). It was during the transition between C-rat and MREs.

Well, anyone that had experience with C-rats knows that they were packed in cans. Supposed to be one P-38 for each box of rations. P-38s seem to be one of the most prized possessions of a soldier at that time. Someone had gone thru the ration cases and removed ALL of the P-38s. There were very few of us that had one. I actually had my old boyscout pocket knife on me with a can opener and a P-38 on my dog tags (it is still there). I was one of the only guys that could help you get fed that day till the supply trucks came back out with can openers.

So, the moral of the story is, if you have alot of canned food, make sure you have some manual can openers. Not electric!!!

Dave

Very good point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom