Do you open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I open carry anytime I'm out. But I am not generally around anyone. If I'm in town generally have it covered not because of bg. But don't want to upset the old ladies and kids.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never intentionally tried to "open" carry. To me, the negatives outweigh the positives. Arguable point, I suppose.

But the other day, I got out of a barber's chair with less-than-optimal results. [Haircuts are not enjoyable experiences anymore, since my hair is not only turning gray, it's turning loose! :D ]

Didn't know until it was too late, but the bottom of my sweater had caught - it raised up over my pistol's grip - on the chair's arm as I sat down. When I later stood back up, my XD was plainly visible. Despite deafening silence as I paid... my barber nicely bid me "good day" before I thanked him and exited. Didn't fix ("fuss with") the sweater until I was out on the sidewalk.

Been a long-time customer there (and I tip pretty well), but not sure whether I'll actually be welcomed back to that shop or not.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never intentionally tried to "open" carry. To me, the negatives outweigh the positives. Arguable point, I suppose.

But the other day, I got out of a barber's chair with less-than-optimal results. [Haircuts are not enjoyable experiences anymore, since my hair is not only turning gray, it's turning loose! :D ]

Didn't know until it was too late, but the bottom of my sweater had caught - it raised up over my pistol's grip - on the chair's arm as I sat down. When I later stood back up, my XD was plainly visible. Despite deafening silence as I paid... my barber nicely bid me "good day" before I thanked him and exited. Didn't fix ("fuss with") the sweater until I was out on the sidewalk.

Been a long-time customer there (and I tip pretty well), but not sure whether I'll actually be welcomed back to that shop or not.
Would be a shame, a good barber is hard to find. But, if you aren't welcome, good riddance. Been a good customer and never a problem, while carrying concealed. Should not be a problem after being exposed.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would be a shame, a good barber is hard to find. But, if you aren't welcome, good riddance. Been a good customer and never a problem, while carrying concealed. Should not be a problem after being exposed.
You're absolutely right, Turkey... it won't be my loss if they suddenly turn "woke" and refuse a proven 'good customer.' Trouble is, though, you're also quite right about good barbers being hard to find. :anyone:

Last edited:

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry an xdm. Easier to conceal in the winter with more clothing but in the summer when in shorts and t shirt not so much.
(How's that for an understatement? :lmfao:)
I'm just a bit "fluffier" than my military 'fighting weight' of a half-century ago!
:D

So, I can easily carry a 4" barrel pistol (like XD9 Mod2) concealed, with little difficulty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom