Do you realize

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not an argument I just want to see the swampratt brain… why do you think it didn’t take that long for the Grand Canyon to be carved the way it is.

There is a "movie" out there called "Is Genesis History." In it, a number of scientists of various types were interviewed with respect to the possibility of a young earth possibility. Geologists, biologists, paleontologist and the like. Each of them kind of pointed out factors that led them to believe that the earth ISN'T billions of years old.

Is Genesis History Website

The video in its entire length is available on YouTube if anyone is interested in watching it, but it is about an hour and 45 minutes long.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why do you think it didn’t take that long for the Grand Canyon to be carved the way it is.

Canyon Lake Gorge was carved in days by extensive flooding in 2002.
Yea not the size of the grand canyon.
But I feel most of the Grand was done is a short time frame and over the Millenniums the canyon became wider from regular runoff.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that he Earth is spinning at about 1,000 mph and is orbiting the sun at about 67,000 mph, further that the solar system is traveling in the Milky Way Galaxay at an average speed of 448,000 mph, and that the galaxay is moving through space at an estimated speed of 1.3 million mph?

That is why, officer, I am unable to walk a stright line.

Hysteresis and frame dragging has gotten the best of you. Not only that, there is no such thing as a straight line.

Woody

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not an argument I just want to see the swampratt brain… why do you think it didn’t take that long for the Grand Canyon to be carved the way it is.

Canyon Lake Gorge was carved in days by extensive flooding in 2002.
Yea not the size of the grand canyon.
But I feel most of the Grand was done is a short time frame and over the Millenniums the canyon became wider from regular runoff.

With modern satellite and GPS tech, they discovered a huge lakebed at the head of the grand canyon. Lake Bodahichi or something like that. Realizing how fast water cuts through sediment, it's a solid theory that the grand cayon was cut in days or weeks rather than thousands of years.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With modern satellite and GPS tech, they discovered a huge lakebed at the head of the grand canyon. Lake Bodahichi or something like that. Realizing how fast water cuts through sediment, it's a solid theory that the grand cayon was cut in days or weeks rather than thousands of years.

True that.
About 12 or so years ago, polecat creek was 1/2 mile west of one of the farms, circling to 3/4 miles North.
Heavy rains and flooding jammed up the creek bed with driftwood causing the creek to change flows. Water was coming across the neighbors field through our fence, then on to the south.
I went to town trying to find someone with a backhoe to break up the log jam.
Couldn’t get in there for several days with the flooding.
When it went down, polecat creek had a new stream bed right across that quarter cutting it in half.
Probably 100’ wide now and 20’ deep. Three landowners got their property cut in half.
In the photo you can see the old polecat creek that is wooded both sides.
The brown streak down the middle is the new polecat creek. It gets deeper and wider with every spring rainy season.

View attachment 207308

Attachments

• IMG_2524.jpg
    IMG_2524.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 74

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A shorter clip from the "Is Genesis History" producers. This one is a discussion of the Grand Canyon. (EDIT) This particular clip is NOT a part of the original movie, but is a subsequent interview of one of the scientists.

Interesting video. He brings out lots of great information that brings up other questions.
Where did all that sediment that was removed from Grand Canyon go? I know the river goes to the Gulf of California. Is that how Baja was formed?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting video. He brings out lots of great information that brings up other questions.
Where did all that sediment that was removed from Grand Canyon go? I know the river goes to the Gulf of California. Is that how Baja was formed?

Yeppers...

...I've wondered about that for some time as well. But, it is much more than "just" the Grand Canyon. Some other "canyons" (Canyonlands National Park comes to mind) also would effect the GC as their rivers joins the Colorado.

Latest posts

Top Bottom