Do you shoot .357 magnum as well as .38 special?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate shooting the .357. Even with hearing protection and a major hearing loss, the sharp crack seems to penetrate through all of it.
I do have a S&W .38 revo that gets shot once in a blue moon but that's it in that caliber.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You shoulda started at Piedmont in the early 80’s. For qualifications we shot at beer cans the Chief threw off of the old bridge on Morgan Rd. We supplied our own ammo.
Don Payne back then or was that Leonard? I don’t recall. Those are two I remember. Can’t remember the guys name that lived off of Monroe NW in town.

Don Payne was handing me confiscated fireworks to shoot off in front of the fire station one year. It was one of the first years they were enforcing the ban in piedmont.

Last edited:

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rarely shoot 357's even though most of my carry guns are chambered for it. The 38 +P does it for me.

My problem is that I rarely shoot anymore and I have got to get back into it, especially with my 986. That's the gun that I am starting to carry more, due to its' super fast reloading. It uses moon clips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom