Do you wear a watch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wear a watch?

• Yes, all the time

Votes: 78 56.1%
  • No, I check my cell phone for time

Votes: 53 38.1%
  • I'm like Jack Reached and have an internal clock

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I could care less what time it is

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't comfortably wear a watch. A band that doesn't pull my hair will cause a rash. When I worked on drilling rigs I needed a watch to check mud. I would buy the cheapest watch I could get and carry it in my pocket.

Later when I worked in a factory I bought the same $3 watches and took the bands off and carried them in my pocket. Since I started carrying a cell phone it is my only time piece.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't comfortably wear a watch. A band that doesn't pull my hair will cause a rash. When I worked on drilling rigs I needed a watch to check mud. I would buy the cheapest watch I could get and carry it in my pocket.

Later when I worked in a factory I bought the same $3 watches and took the bands off and carried them in my pocket. Since I started carrying a cell phone it is my only time piece.

Yea, wait until they start banning cell phones at work.... 8/

I did some contract work at Goodyear several years ago, they Really didnt want you to have a phone.....but came up with the idea , ...if it doesnt have a camera its OK.....seen one of those lately?

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rolex GMT-master II stainless everyday. White gold on my day off. Both can't kept time well.( couple of min too fast every 2-3 week)

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyday wear is a Casio Pathfinder, evenings or weekends there are many to choose from some inexpensive some expensive. Tag Link, Bullova, Fossil, G Shock, not only are they time pieces but are accessories for looking good, and serve a pourpose to be useful.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. I collect watches but only ones that I like and that I actually wear without worries. I dont own any super pricey investment pieces like my father did, just not my style. I like to wear my cheapie but tough Timex 1440s and Ironmans for sports and when working, my cool and weird Fossils for casual, and one of my nicer Movados when going out. Just bought a new Movado Bold, its one of their lower end models (at $695).

Last edited:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is my daily wear watch. Really like not having to deal with batteries. Scratched the crystal the VERY FIRST time I wore it. I was so ticked! At some point, I will have the crystal replaced.
[Broken External Image]

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent too long in the military to not know what time it is always LOL. And in my job, I just wear a cheap Timex with leather and cloth band, because sooner or later it will be covered in oil or antifreeze. For going out, I just have a plain stainless Seiko that I bought while in Kuwait almost 10 years ago at one of the huge souks (sp?) in Kuwait City. Guy wanted $160, after I walked out of his shop a few times I got it for $80. The fact was never lost on me, while watching people deal with the vendors in those places, how much those Muslims liked to "jew" with people :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom