Do you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clean a new gun before firing it?
I ask because I said something about cleaning one before firing it ( I could have shot it there) and I got the "Are you anal or crazy" look.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh No, no...clean it first..most of time you will see millings, and steel fileings on the patches.Otherwise this same millings will be shoved down your barrel under a whole lot of pressure...

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh, depends. It's probably already been fired at least once anyway. I do like to wipe a new gun down first, take it apart and inpspect it. Buy a new glock at H&H (hypothetically of course) I'd walk in the range and shoot it right away.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
always---always---clean em.....I bought a 22 lever at a local pawn shop and it was in exceptional condition....pretty....almost broke my rule of clean everything before you shoot it....fortunately I cleaned it and a dirt dobber had blocked the barrel....and as the other guys have already pointed out....clean the new ones and you will find steel shavings most of the time....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, depends. It's probably already been fired at least once anyway. I do like to wipe a new gun down first, take it apart and inpspect it. Buy a new glock at H&H (hypothetically of course) I'd walk in the range and shoot it right away.
Yeah, in this day and time, most guns have been shot once at the factory before you get it.
Some states require a spent casing in the sale so they can "ID the gun with the primer strike"
POS stupid law in the states that require it. Its been proven to be innefective.

Latest posts

Top Bottom