Doc & Sda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What thread are you reading? Several posts bad-mouthing DOC employees? Maybe it's been cleaned up since you posted this but I'm not seeing it.

Seems to be a pretty good running discussion about an officer at DOC getting steamrolled....

This thread HAS been cleaned up. I can see why you made this post after reading to edited edition. There were several posts Bad-Mouthing the Dept. and basically calling everyone in it stupid. They are all gone, now. Thanks to the Mods, I guess.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the clean up of the thread removed this or maybe I just missed it, but I can't seem to figure out the motivation to go after this guy. Like people are saying, he has the statute and the DOC policies on his side. Who is coming after him and why? Do we have that big of an anti-gunner problem in OK?

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DOC is full of anti-gun hug-a-thugs. Many, or most, DOC administrators hate the thought of an inmate's right to roam prison parking lots at will being curtailed by some citizen's right to defend their self.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems that the clowns running Joseph Harp Correctional Center in Lexington have removed their heads from their posterior ends and taken the time to read state law and Oklahoma Department of Corrections policy. Probably only after the Cleveland County District Attorney's Office suggested that they may want to know what the law and their own agency's policies say before they bother the DA's & Sheriff's offices about arresting people for committing legal acts.

I found out today that the clowns have relented and sworn never to look stupid again--on this issue anyway!!:anyone:

So, until the current crop retires and a new ones replace them, it appears settled.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not so fast. Apparently DOC has changed its mind again. It can't prosecute the individual mentioned above, but it is still taking the position that SDA permit holders will not be allowed to store their handguns in their vehicles in prison parking lots.

Some bureaucrat is trying to intimidate people into not exercising rights explicitly protected by statute, and explicitly allowed under department policy. This person or persons, don't respect the law or their own department's written policies.

The class action suit is moving forward.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That Opinion did say that DOC could prohibit the practice. However, it hasn't chosen to do that as its own written policies demonstrate.

An Opinion is just that. An opinion. This particular opinion claims that one may not do what a statute explicitly states one may do, simply because a particular state agency doesn't want you to. That's surely an opinion... Not much of an opinion. But an Opinion all the same.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got the memo last week that anyone found with a firearm on ar adjacent to any DOC property, either owned or leased for dept. Use would be in big doo doo with the dept. As for Johnny Turner, I haven't heard how he is doing with his plight lately. The memo we were given was district specific, but came from the number 2 guy in my area of corrections---community/ P&P. I imagine it is the same for the institutions, as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom