Does anyone here have a recommendation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until you sell then buyer will likely want it to code.but suit yourself
They can't require that from me. And likely isnt a word I would use, its very unlikely. They either buy it as is or not at all. Plus, the rest of the bathroom is not ADA compliant. Nor is the rest of the house.
If a buyer is bound to a wheelchair, they will have to look elsewhere.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a little input you may find helpful. I would go with good quality anchors and stainless screws. Silicone the hell out of everything, the last thing you want is water in the wall cavity. I think the bars work best when set at a 45 degree angle mol, start at 30 inches high on the low end, you may find yourself in a shower chair, but as you stand, the bar rises, and you can grab it anywhere. If there is a Locke Supply or even a Home Depot near you talk to them, they may have the right guy.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forget wall anchors of any type. Just a disaster waiting to happen. Screw into the studs! Generally, studs are on 16" centers, but use an accurate stud finder. Screw each end into a stud and forget about it.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
would have to be awfully strong if someone was pulling up their full weight or breaking a fall. i know i did 2 veterans center and many schools and churches.
The adhesive ones were very strong and didn't cause any problems. Ultimately for permanence and years of use your way is the best to avoid any future issues. We knew it would be less than a year and the house would be sold.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know how to install these, just dont want to drill in the tile. That takes a person more experienced than me to do as I have never drilled in tile and dont want to crack it. I aint using no adhesive or sheetrock anchors for sure.
And I'm doing a custom rod design specific to my need, not ADA.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct tile bit and drilling a hole in tile is easy.
Google how to drill a hole in tile and see it done.

I bought a diamond hole cutter for tile to run the pipes out of the wall when installing a shower head etc.
Yea it was like $36 15 years ago but a great purchase when you need it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom