• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Does anyone know a source for free railroad spikes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I have a metal artwork project that needs about 300 railroad spikes.

******* Bent ones are OK. *********

I would be willing to drive a distance from OKC to get them.

Depending upon the price, I might even buy you lunch so we could BS each other.

Thanks!

Last edited:

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I believe that is called trespassing on RR property which is a misdemeanor and theft.
I believe that is called trespassing on RR property which is a misdemeanor and theft.
i wasn't suggesting that you trespass or steal. what i was saying is that there are buckets of useless spikes left behind by the crews. you could get ahold of the rr and ask permission?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
i wasn't suggesting that you trespass or steal. what i was saying is that there are buckets of useless spikes left behind by the crews. you could get ahold of the rr and ask permission?
I know. I'm saying I don't want to break the law getting them. And I don't want to pay $30 for ten of them either.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
walk the rr tracks in winter or after a fire. you will find what appears to be a 30 gallon drum full of bent broken spikes just laying.

Reminds me as a kid at Onapa ,OK. Stepdad wanted a lot of RR spikes and would pay my buddy and me to collect as many as we could. It was hot as hell in the summer with no water. We had burlap sacks to put them in. Worst experiences as a kid that I can remember. We walked for miles and collected quite a few, but was not worth it.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This little bucket has 40 spikes in it and you are more than welcome to them. I'm in Norman. Just PM me and we can set up a time/place for you to get them. Also, in the other pic are a bunch of brackets that I believe are also railroad related, but I'm not positive. You are welcome to those as well if you can use them.

20230705_130522.jpg
20230705_130525.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom