does anyone know who can thread a barrel around here? (OKC)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there were a couple places on line but havent made my mind up yet...

I had a few barrels threaded, I don't claim to be an expert but I can tell you what I did.
I needed a Beretta 92FS barrel threaded but was not comfortable with the short threaded portion on a stock barrel. I called the can manufacturer who recommended that I have the nominal length according to their specs. I bought a KKM threaded barrel that worked fine but was stainless. Tried to get the barrel blued which failed miserably, then had it ceracoated. Stainless looks nice too.
I bought a G17L barrel and sent it to Gemteckh to cut and thread it for G17, great work, extremely expensive.
I bought a G19 barrel and send it to Tornado Tech. They charged around $70 I think, took a couple of weeks, great work.
I would like to add a caution about KKM threaded barrels. KKM uses two different twists for their 9mm. The slow twist will not stabilize 147gr bullets that are normally shot through threaded barrels. They sent me the slow first and had to return it. The fast twist works great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom