Does taking prozac make me unable to get a ccw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just taught a carry class this Monday, and will tell you what I said in class. READ the question on the SDA application CAREFULLY and answer the question, then STOP. DON'T start speculating about what else MIGHT they mean.
If you do that , I think you will answer your own question. Are you able to meet the ordinary demands of life, like drive a car and go to work, or are you too impaired?
And be aware that a YES answer to impaired requires a written statement from a doctor that you should be given a permit, which is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT (impossible?) to obtain.

For purposes of this application, "undergoing treatment for a mental illness, condition, or disorder" means the person has been diagnosed by a licensed physician as being afflicted with a substantial disorder of thought, mood, perception, psychological orientation, or memory that significantly impairs judgment, behavior, capacity to recognize reality, or ability to meet the ordinary demands of life.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA APPLICATION.pdf

If you answer “YES”, please download the MENTAL HEALTH CERTIFICATION FORM so that your treating physician can certify your eligibility. If form is not submitted with application, one will be mailed to you upon receipt of the application.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
half the country is drugged up on one thing or another

the anti gunners know this; if they can tweak the law just a little so that anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds are an indication of emotional instability, that's huge.

I think NY may be close to this now.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not long after I became an SDA Instructor I attended a 2 hour workshop at a local votech. An assistant state DA was there along with some law enforcement from the state. The question of Prozac came up . The ADA said it would keep you from getting a permit. That's all I can tell you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom