OK CCW license worth it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to renew with a 10 year. Does it not work in place of a 4473?
Supposed to, but only for the first 5 years of the license. The ATF wants a new background check every 5 years. You still have to fill out the 4473, it takes the place of the background check portion only.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like said above, I'm not paying for something thats already legal in this state. I aint traveling across state lines unless its in my RV and then I am legally carrying inside my domicile.
And I never buy guns at the store.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey y'all,
I moved to OK recently from GA. Had a GA CCW permit so I could campus carry while in college, but since OK has constitutional carry, is there any reason to get one? Really don't want to go take basic pistol class (I already shoot handguns too much as is), but if there is some benefit, I'll fork over the cash. Appreciate any input.
Not being in OK, there may be differences. But, in MO and many other states I frequent, have property in, there are numerous benefits to having CCW. With CCW you can go places armed not legal without CCW. If stopped, producing a CCW with your drivers license may quickly position you as a good guy. This worked, started positive interaction/conversation, got me out of a well deserved speeding ticket outside Amarillo with TX trooper en route to annual Gun Rights Policy Conference in Phoenix. Avoiding NICS is a plus. Traveling, the CCW offers benefits not available in other states without one. It's a cheap bit of flexibility, insurance in avoiding issues. Shows intent/confirmation to be good guy in unfamiliar jurisdictions. It's a form of better to have, not need...than to wish you had and not have. It's THE MAN telling the other THE MANs that you are a good guy.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like said above, I'm not paying for something thats already legal in this state. I aint traveling across state lines unless its in my RV and then I am legally carrying inside my domicile.
And I never buy guns at the store.
Better check states laws. There are states that a RV/motorcoach is not considered your domicile, especially if your drivers license is from other state. Your license address is considered your domicile. One can have multiple dwellings, residences, RVs, but can't have two official domiciles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom