Dog defense to the toughest hounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlindOne

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a pit bull attack me once my 9mm nano stopped him. I shot him in the mouth , that’s how close he was . There were teeth marks on the tip of the slide I later discovered. It didn’t kill him but it stopped the threat. He was put down in the end. I don’t even remember pulling the nano from my pocket and getting off a round. It all happened so fast. They said the bullet came out behind his ear. Later I discovered the slide didn’t return to battery due to the spent casing not being ejected completely. Had I needed to get another shot off I’d be In trouble. So now I think a revolver would be a better choice. That’s why carry my 442 now. i was using Hornady critical duty 9mm ammo in the nano at the time.

Last edited:

wDoty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Beretta Pico or LCP Max if I’m running a ways and don’t feel like getting dick slapped with a heavier gun every step. If I can swing it though I’d rather a 365 or even Glock 26 sized gun. Not much heavier and I feel a lot better. Either way the best ways I found to carry when performing such tasks is either a belly band or SmaryCarry holster, with a preference towards the SmartCarry. Some people swear by the Phlster Enigma for this but I could never get the idea off the ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom