Dog defense to the toughest hounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not care what the dogs were bred to do, if they pack up and running loose they are going to cause trouble. I have seen all kinds attacking things. From the cute little ankle biters to the largest breeds chasing and attacking.
I agree completely.

By saying what I said I am referring to the bleeding heart people who try to act like pit bulls were not in fact bred to fight… regardless of how a dog is trained, the things that they were bred for will always be in their DNA

Pitbulls have a very high prey drive, extreme tenacity, high pain tolerance, and when they bite they fully commit to the violence and rarely want to let go. That is specific to them as a breed because they were bred to be fighters.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree completely.

By saying what I said I am referring to the bleeding heart people who try to act like pit bulls were not in fact bred to fight… regardless of how a dog is trained, the things that they were bred for will always be in their DNA

Pitbulls have a very high prey drive, extreme tenacity, high pain tolerance, and when they bite they fully commit to the violence and rarely want to let go. That is specific to them as a breed because they were bred to be fighters.
Hey now there was once a brave pit bull that swam a mile out the sea to maul it's owner.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest threat to dog's life is a person who doesn't believe that dog when it tells them over and over and OVER again in doggy language "I am going to bite". I cannot tell you HOW many dogs I have watched be shot or put to sleep because the owner was a ****ing idiot. 😢

Although I am sure it has happened -- a dog just biting for no reason while getting patted on the head (do NOT PAT a dog on the head!! DON'T DO THAT unless you and that dog are intimately familiar with each other) -- it is rare that the dog hasn't given SOMEONE a sign. People just don't bother to learn the tell-tale signs. Or they misread them.

The first time I saw Grumpy put Dawg in a bear hug while they were playing I was MORTIFIED! 😳😱😱😱 And I think Dawg would have bitten him except he (the dog not Grumpy) looked at me first with a 😳😱😱😱😱😱 OMG!!! WHAT IS HE DOING?!?!? CAN I BITE HIM MOM CAN I CAN I CAN I?? look. 😬

I yelled at Grumpy, gave Dawg 5 pounds of treats and lots of pets (not pats 😉) and belly scratches for not ripping Grumpy's face off and then lectured my darling husband on NEVER doing that again.

Oddly enough, after that first time Dawg will get up on Scott's lap and lay his head over on his shoulder now when he wants to be hugged like that. 😬😬 He learned that one time that Scott didn't mean him any harm. Now Scott hugs him and he wags his tail and the ****ing dog just looks at me like "Jealous Mom?? Jelly?? You jelly?? Huh huh huh??" 🙄😂😂😂 Me?? Nope. I'm still not gonna hug the damned dog. HE'S A DOG!! 🤦🤦

Now ... If you have puppies you've acclimated to that treatment that's one thing ... But a dog that was dumped and aggressively guarding a picnic table before it decided to follow you home?? A dog that regularly picked fights with your GSD that was 4 times his size?? A dog that resource guarded and challenged your half-feral wife when said dog hit puberty?? (And got his ass beat with a ping-pong paddle quite roundly for that, I might add. Don't you bow up at me when I'm trying to pick up your empty food bowl to wash it out. 😈) Yeah ... No ... Just NO! DO NOT HUG that dog. 🤦🤦🤦🤦

And y'all wonder why I drink ... Lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Photos of my bad ass running stick. A golf club with a stainless rod inserted and sharpened to a very sticky point. Also had highly reflective tape on it for night running. It has poked many many Dogs and animals. I have been asked by some dumb humans to put it down when they were angry with me. I ran in the country mostly and it was a shame how many dogs I stuck and did not enjoy the half dozen I killed. But this little stick works great. I now carry hit on walks in the local park and hikes “very easy hikes and slow” LOL!! I may have shown this before on here.

View attachment 409867View attachment 409868View attachment 409908
I can't wait to show pics of my hiking stick. It's in the RV at the repair shop currently, but when it comes home in a few days, I'll pull up this thread and post pics. 20mm cannon shell with bullet intact, filled with concrete for additional weight and penetration.
As far as guns for dogs, back in the day when riding the Gold Wing, I liked to explore roads off the beaten track. Went down a road one afternoon that unfortunately turned into deep sand which is not the road you want to ride a bike on, past a house where a guy and his German Shepard were sitting on the porch. I saw him actually sic the dog on me. It almost got my leg, but a little throttle and raising my leg prevented a bite.
Danged road was a dead end, so had to go back. I kept a Davis derringer in the side pocket of the fairing loaded with .38 rat shot. Knowing I had to go past that house again, got the gun ready and headed that way. Here came the dog. At about 5' I shot it square in the face and it lost all of it's intent to chase/bite me. Gave the finger to the guy on the porch and rode away.
At 5' with a rifled barrel, the pattern on that shot is about a foot in diameter, spreading quickly. It's a close range round but worked like a champ.

Latest posts

Top Bottom