Dog situation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I was a dog catcher plain old stray dogs that weren’t bothering anyone were on the bottom of the to do list. Don’t try and trap it, take it for a ride! Just open your door and let the dog hop in. Chances are it will hop it. Works like a charm a lot of the time.
Just hope it doesn’t decide to get bitey. That’s no fun.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Waterloo and Coltrane?
No it’s in Jones.

A lot of dogs get dumped out in these areas. About ten plus years ago I was trying to find a fishing spot. Saw two dogs and a kitten all together on the side of the road. All huddled up around a sack of dog food. Dumped. They were chipped and had been adopted not long before. They called the guy and he admitted dumping them saying he had to leave town or something like that. A friend was able to find them homes again. They were cute smaller dogs. Really friendly. Couldn’t wait to get in the truck.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a stray dog half a mile from my house. Gets fed by the lady at the donut shop and tons of people that drive through. The dog won’t get near anyone. I’m wanting to take the dog in.

Would it be crazy to post a sign that says “Please dont’t feed the stray dog. I will every morning at 7:30 to give the dog a home.”

The dog is surviving fine alone and just hangs out in the area. It does get in the road and will eventually get hit or have puppies. The last thing anyone needs is a litter of homeless pitbull mix puppies.
I think it’s a female but not sure.
Just make sure it is actually a stray. I live in the country with country dogs, and I never had a fence for them until they started not showing up at home. They were picked up by people on three different occasions because they thought they were strays. Luckily, I was able to track them down with the help of friends that are on Facebook. I now have a fence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom