Don Naiper of Happy Hollow rip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received an email from Dons son Rendell that Don passed away the following is the email.
Hello friends this is Rendell. I'm writing this to let you know that dad passed away tuesday morning.. I terrible dislike giving this news thru an email and I apologize..Dads funeral will be thursday at 2pm at green hills chapel in sapulpa...
Our group shot silhouette matches at Happy Hollow for years ..
I wish Dons family well

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don was a great old guy. He transferred me my first gun, a Remington 1100. He and Rendell taught me how to shoot clays. Loved the way Don controlled the firing line. NO RAPID FIRE!

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked him. controlled the line. taught me how to sight in a gun/scope per the point of impact bullet hole. I may of said that wrong but pretty quick way to get a gun shooting where the cross hairs pointing.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rip, don. He was a heck of a guy, I used to go out there early in the morning and talk to him and shoot alone. Once I walked up to the clubhouse and he was standing on the porch peeing, he looked at me and said , hey, what's going on? I said I'm here to shoot, he said I'll be done in a second!! Priceless!!

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot matches with Don and Barbara several years before they took over the property and range. Learned a lot from Don and have always considered him a friend. R.I.P. Don

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I remember "line is hot" & "if ya got one in the chamber, go ahead and fire it, going cold".

Years ago I was one that was singled out quite a bit for shooting rounds faster than 5 seconds between each shot.

RIP Mr. Napier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom