don't grease glocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Toilet paper works great for absorbing excess oil. Glock recommends a little lube on the rails and barrel. It's hard to put just a little though. But TP will remove all but a little.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been through Glock armor school a few times and the copper stuff they put in the slide rails isn't grease per se, it's something they put in there to help to break it in.

Anti-seize lubricant. I can't remember the name of the stuff, but it can be bought at auto parts houses.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:scratch: :scratch: Where do you guys come up with this stuff??

Glock lubes all pistols that leave the factory. That's good enough for me. But like all things in life there is such a thing as moderation ... lube the slide rail grooves with a drop, lube the spot between the connector and the trigger bar with a drop and put a drop or two on a rag and rub the barrel down. While you're at it take a swipe over the barrel lug and the inside of the barrel hood. Not too much mind you -- one or two drops should be able to lube everything up nicely ...

I can't speak to letting them run dry because we clean every gun around here after every trip to the range. A clean gun is a happy gun! :thumbup3:

Hey Bun, don't forget one drop behind each ear.........

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Only time I use grease in on the slide channel, with a pipe cleaner. Just a little goes a long was. I do the same with all my semi-auto guns an rifles.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can bury them in a mound of mud and they'll still work. You can leave them in the road and let them be run over by trucks and they'll still work. PLEASE dont grease them........ they c:lookarounuld suffer catastrophic failure.
:laugh6: Who in the world would put grease in one anyway? I just put a little bit of Militec on it and its great. They don't need much oil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom