"Dot" Connector Gen 4 Glock 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought (another) Gen 4 G19 and I could tell pretty quickly that the stock trigger on this pistol is much better then on previous Gen 4's I've had. Upon further investigation, I found it has the "dot'' connector installed. It seems to me that the "dot" connector is a bit lighter than the previous stock 5.5 lb connector, which always was really around 6.5 - 7.5 lbs it seems, but a bit heavier then the (-) "minus" one...somewhere right in the middle of the two. I was going to drop in a Ghost 3.5 lb connector I had in the parts box, or order a (-) connector and a 6 lb competition trigger spring for it from www.glockparts.com , but I think I'm just going to leave this one alone, I like the stock trigger just fine and as this is primarily a home defense/nightstand gun that will see occasional carry duty, it's all good. Does anyone else have, notice, or like the "dot connector"?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been out of Glocks for awhile. This is the first I have heard of the dot connector.

I believe they are in the later models of the Gen 4 Glocks. Google has a lot of info avaialbe on them. A couple of earlier Gen 4s I've had didn't have them, and the triggers were noticeably heavier. I kinda like this dot connector, it gives me a good realistic 5.0-5.5 lb pull and the reset is good. I still might order an OEM 3.5 lb (-) connector and a 6lb trigger spring, as my experience with them has been good. I had a Gen 4 G19 with that setup before and was very pleased with it. I still don't know why I sold that gun...Doh. Maybe the little G43 with a great Ghost Edge connector in it that I have spoiled me and I am just lazy, preferring to carry it most of the time anyway. Plus, I like taking my stuff apart and putting it back together and seeing if I have any extra parts left over.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont have any gen 4 guns but didnt all the older ones have either a - or a dot? Werent the regular ones dots? Now Im going to have to see if I can find an old connector laying around and look. I may actually have a Gen 4 connector out of a friends gun.

But, anyway, my old 23 had a wonderful feeling connector in it so I just polished everything and put in a 6# trigger spring to lighten it but not change the characteristics of it. Then I put in a new trigger shoe and I really like the way it is.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe Glock came out with the dot connector so the Gen 4's trigger would feel more like the Gen 3's. Someone may correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I am. The dot connector was not on earlier Gen 4 guns. Maybe I got one because mine is a blue label gun? Dunno about that, but I'm fine with it as is. I'll put another few hundred rounds through it before I decide to change anything or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom