Dream truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Miami, OK. Florida would have been brutal. The truck did 70 all the way back no problems. Started right up this morning at 11 degrees with wind chill. Had to keep on the throttle to keep it running though. Lol.

My son wanted to name it the Hulk. He’s super into the Avengers. Wife like Green Machine :)
Sounds like your heat muff is gone. Remember the little corrugated aluminum tube that runs from the air cleaner wing down onto the exhaust?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first truck was a 73 f150 trailer special 2wd with a 390.. paid $1775 in 85.
Wish I still had the “yellow streak”.
Loved that 390 engine. I had a 66 Ford Fairlane GT 390 with the NASCAR heads on it with a deep metal flake blue paint job on it back in the day. The frame started cracking around the rear axle after 200,000+ miles so it went to a cousin that said he would weld up the frame and continue to drive it.
Didn't last long and it went to scrap.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 390 sounds awesome and I’ll be excited to rebuild it to put out some serious horsepower. I’m partial to 4wd but when I put together a list of wants and needs in an old truck 4wd was a want. I’m not turning this into a hunting truck or anything.

It’ll tow my little fishing boat, and be a great truck to work out of. No more taking my truck to a shop and having it out of commission for 4 weeks. I could rebuild that engine in a weekend. #1 need was little to no rust through the frame or body.

Went through the entire truck this weekend. Ordered some things from LMC truck.

Attachments

• C9B020FA-B130-4210-A5C3-D5C3CE520E22.jpeg
    C9B020FA-B130-4210-A5C3-D5C3CE520E22.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom