Driveway Alarms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://ipvm.com/reports/vehicle-entrance-camera-selection-guide
What the hell kinda farmer are ya? You never hear of baling wire, pliers and duct tape?
I am well versed in those disciplines. :laugh6:
If they made polarized duct tape, I'd be all over it.
Edit: your link requires a subscription.
Also, my cell cams don't do a real great job on the tags on notifications sent to my phone BUT, when pulling the SD card it shows it in perfect detail. The camera doesn't transmit the resolution that the SD card is capable of capturing.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have 4 neighbors that surround us here off Hwy 16 NW of Bristow. One across the hwy and one on the East side and West side of our property. No one north of us for a mile or so and private property all in that area. We've become friendly with all and are really nice families. It's also nice that we will text each other when there is potential nefarious activities going on to just give a heads up to each other. Today got a text from the neighbor to the East of us that a beat up ford truck was pulling up peoples driveways and sometimes parking for a few minutes then leaving. Apprently pulling far enough up the drives that it wasn't just looking at a map or lost or whatever. We do have automatic gates but have to leave them open for trash service or this week have guest coming and going that don't have openers. Wife works from home and does have her pistol and two nutty boxers that would surely keep someone from breaking in. THe problem is our home is so well insulated that it's hard to hear any vehicle that comes down our 400' gravel driveway. SOmetimes the dogs will here a car but not always.

So, after all that, what do you guys use for a driveway alarm. Need a wireless unit that is about 100'-200' down the drive that has the base station in our bedroom. Just starting my research now. We are also trying to figure out cameras for the exterior of our home as well. We had Nest cameras at our home in Socal and loved them but they have changed their models up a bit and don't care much for them now. What you got? Thanks
I've got two outdoor security cameras on our driveway that send alerts to my phone when vehicles or people are detected in the "activity zone" I designated for each camera.

This is the camera:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CW49AGG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Latest posts

Top Bottom