Duck Hunters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We haven't seen much on our place. A few woodies and mallards but that's about it. 36 limits of birds were shot off of it last year, so hopefully it's just a matter of time before they start piling in. In the meantime I'll keep trying to appease myself in the deer stand. I'm a duck hunter first, but bambi will have to do until we get some nasty weather.

I'm with you there. I'd rather sit in a duck blind than deer stand any day of the week.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found a field covered up with geese this afternoon and asked the farmer if we could come back in the morning and put the smack down on them. He was happy to let us and said they had been there for several days. Just goes to show there are still people willing to give you access to their land if you are polite and ask permission and ask if you can help them with some work etc. Hopefully I will have some good pics to post tomorrow.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother shot a limit of mallards this morning and kept having them land in his dekes after he was done. He never could get a trash duck to fill out the full limit. I saw a lot of ducks driving home from hunting today. There are a bunch on the lake behind my house too.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw/heard quite a few today while out deer hunting. Should be some good shooting after deer season if the lake levels stay good.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The goose hunt was a bust today. Saw 7-10 and couldn't get them close. Hopefully this next cold front pushes some birds our way. It's been a rough start to the season in my neck of the woods.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The goose hunt was a bust today. Saw 7-10 and couldn't get them close. Hopefully this next cold front pushes some birds our way. It's been a rough start to the season in my neck of the woods.

I had a huge flock go over me Saturday morning nice and low (I of course, chose to Deer rifle hunt and didn't have a shot-gun).

I saw two very large deer last year while duck hunting - didn't have a slug with me either time - only had steel shot.

Murphy was a prophet apparently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom