Pheasant hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone been to Show Me The Birds up in Baxter Springs, KS. to hunt pheasants?

We’re heading up to hunt there with a bunch of folks, it looks like it’s a darned good place to hunt.

Never hunted pheasants before so I’m pretty darn excited.
I’ll be interested to hear how it goes for y’all. Everyone I know that pheasant hunts goes to Nebraska.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@hunter966 are they wild birds or pen raised and put out a day or two before customers arrive ?

I've never hunted anything but wild birds but a buddy had one of his vendors take him on a hunt three or four years ago at some well known pay ranch in Kan. and although they got plenty of birds he said that there was not much hunting to it it was more of a pheasant shoot, the birds acted confused and lethargic and some had to be kicked at to make them get up.....not my kind of hunting.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes.
I drive thru Baxter Springs often enough and have never known about this.

Are these wild pheasants?
Or a controlled shooting area where you buy the number of pheasants you want and then someone goes and places the pheasants in the field for you to go find?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I hunted pheasant was as a kid in the TX panhandle. It was a lot of fun and probably still one of my better hunting memories. I think my dad was pretty nervous about me shooting a hen in all the excitement, but turned out clean.
This made me a LOL. When we bird hunted around Jet in the 70’s and early 80’s, my Dad and Uncle would scream “HEN HEN HEN!!!” when one got up to keep me from making a mistake.🤣

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is this right here.
I have done this once before several years ago with a friend.

We had a good dog with us. He and his boy wanted to shoot pheasant. So they ordered their limit of pheasants.
I had been pheasant hunting before, and wanted to shoot more, so I ordered a certain number of quail and a few chuckers. I had never shot chucker before. I had fun, everyone had fun, and the chuckers were very out of the crock pot.

I was entertaining to see his boy wade out into the pond to retrieve a pheasant he shot. The dog didn't see it and wouldn't swim out to get it cause he couldn't see it. The dog was interested in finding birds in the grass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom