Duck hunting "gimmicks"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weasel ball is a great idea! I may have to pick one of those up and give it a whirl. Thanks for the idea Okie!

When you do this, fill the decoy with self expanding foam. Then place plastic wrap or something over that and place the ball in there so it forms around the ball and makes a nice fit. Have seen these in action and they do work nicely.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a couple of Higdon motion deeks. One drake swimmer and one feeder. They have a timer on them so they don't just run constantly. Gonna try them this weekend.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Guy that I duck hunt with put cut a flap in the top of a decoy and put one of those kids toys called a "weasle ball" inside a sock and then in the decoy. It makes a pretty large and slow wake around the decoy. Enough wake to move two or three decoys.

have we hunted together? when kay-bee toys went out of business years ago, i bought a bunch of those and they work good.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hahaha - if you know what the weasle-ball is, you more than likely have eaten at a cracker barrel - my mom used to bring those over to our dog when she would visit - they make cats/dogs go crazy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom