Ducks at Drummond Flats WMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Risky_Rooster

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I tried to open duck season in a new spot and I was really dissapointed.

We drove a couple hours up to Drummond to get into the open duck zone and there were a few little ponds with a few dozen hunters. Seems like we saw 6 total ducks, all of which were out of range.

Since I'm a new duck hunter, I'm wondering if this is because its so early in the season, or the weather, or just the Drummond WMA isn't that great?

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I would say its a little of everything. Weather patterns been very strange this year, which tends to mess with their migration pattern. Seeing quite a few geese, but in my scouting, looks like ducks are arriving late. It's not necessarily TOO early, but it is early. Never hunted Drummond, but if there's a few dozen hunters on it there's a chance the ducks might know to avoid that area.

A5Sooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been out there twice before. The first year was good, not a single other hunter. Secend year it was pretty crowded.

If you can go during the week.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The upcoming cool front should start pushing some ducks down. I'm still thinking it might be a lackluster opening day on the 6th.

Last year we had 4 limits by 9:30am.

Latest posts

Top Bottom