Ducks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msanders

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So being new to here, I am looking for some good duck hunting places. NOT LOOKING FOR ANYONES HONEY HOLES OR ANYTHING, just in general. I would like to get my dog some Oklahoma ducks this year. He has plenty of Arkansas and Virginia ducks under his belt, but we have not duck hunted OK yet. Time is drawing near!

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a little further south than you. I live in Duncan, but it really just depends on how much rain we get closer to season as to where you will hunt. If you can find and lightly flooded wheat fields to hunt, it can be awesome. That one of my favorte places to hunt.

msanders

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a little further south than you. I live in Duncan, but it really just depends on how much rain we get closer to season as to where you will hunt. If you can find and lightly flooded wheat fields to hunt, it can be awesome. That one of my favorte places to hunt.

Yes, I agree flooded wheat fields are good. I am used to the flooded rice fields in AR. It can be crazy there.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sure, I always plan on going to hunt rice field in AR, but never seem to make it. Always get tied up. I have a flood control pond that I hunt. The water level is down from previous years, so I'm not sure what to expect from it.

msanders

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That seems to be my problem here. I always intend to try and find some spots here, but then get tied and before you know it its too late, so back to AR I go. Happens every time. With the rain this year you should be good to go with yours.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always hunted on the lakes in the NE part of the state, but would love to find something closer to Stillwater. I tried Keystone a couple years ago with no luck. Saw very few birds. It seems like the lake levels have been off for awhile now...

Latest posts

Top Bottom