Where to buy Duck cloth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am replacing the Naugahyde I covered the sofa with last time. That stuff has lasted many years of abuse.

I bought it at the supply shop that closed a couple years back. I don’t know where to get it now, other than online. That’s why I’m leaning to the duck cloth/canvas/Carhartt wannabe. That stuff seems like it would hold up to the grandkids.
Jo Annes has upholstery cloth. I saw some in there a month ago. Big thick stuff to the stuff you want.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am replacing the Naugahyde I covered the sofa with last time. That stuff has lasted many years of abuse.

I bought it at the supply shop that closed a couple years back. I don’t know where to get it now, other than online. That’s why I’m leaning to the duck cloth/canvas/Carhartt wannabe. That stuff seems like it would hold up to the grandkids.

@Snattlerake is right. You can find some naugahyde at JoAnn's, too. And like the duck cloth it kinda runs the gamut of quality and price, and the two sometimes are not connected in any way that makes sense.

Also, don't be afraid to check the clearance bolts. You can find some serious steals in there if you are willing to take the time to look.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Snattlerake is right. You can find some naugahyde at JoAnn's, too. And like the duck cloth it kinda runs the gamut of quality and price, and the two sometimes are not connected in any way that makes sense.

Also, don't be afraid to check the clearance bolts. You can find some serious steals in there if you are willing to take the time to look.
And the patterns nobody else liked.

:bolt:

Do you have a leather sewing machine?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the patterns nobody else liked.

:bolt:

Do you have a leather sewing machine?

Nope. Just a treadle machine that could sew leather ... A run of the mill Janome that has handled some heavier upholstery velvets but no leather -- I wouldn't be afraid to try it, though, with the right needles, long as I changed them out often and went slow ... 🤷

Last edited:

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Locally, Truman’s is the place to go for that sorta stuff.

Online, sail rite has what you need.
Yup, sailrite.com. I buy a lot from them for my boat canvas business.
As for using cotton duck material for interior upholstery, might not be the best choice.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, sailrite.com. I buy a lot from them for my boat canvas business.
As for using cotton duck material for interior upholstery, might not be the best choice.
That’s what my wife said. I want to see the different weights of it.

If I can find the weight used in carhartt clothing, that would work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom