Dumb question time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremiah

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The hunting licenses say they expire on Dec 31st so I assumed I needed to buy a new one to finish up hunting the archery season, but I spoke with another hunter yesterday and he assured me that it lasts the extra 2 weeks.

I couldn't find anything online backing up his claim. Does anyone have any knowledge of this or a reg to back it up?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are correct. You must have a new license 01 January, if you do not have a Lifetime. You will find that more than one place in the Wildlife Department regs. Here's one of them ...

DEER ARCHERY

License Requirements

Resident: A hunting license or proof of exemption. In addition, all deer hunters must possess a deer archery license for each deer hunted or proof of exemption.

Resident Youth: Youth hunters 16 or 17 years old must purchase a hunting license. All youth hunters under 18 years of age may purchase a youth deer archery license.

Nonresident: Nonresident deer hunters are exempt from a hunting license while hunting deer, but they must possess a nonresident deer archery license for each deer hunted or proof of exemption. Holders of nonresident lifetime hunting and lifetime combination licenses are not exempt from purchasing deer licenses.

Jan. 1 - 15: All hunters must possess a hunting license and a deer archery license for the current calendar year, unless otherwise exempt. Most annual licenses are valid from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31.

Deer taken during this time count toward the hunter’s 2010 bag limit.

(Emphasis mine.)

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to buy a new Archery license and hunting license Jan 1st unless you have a lifetime. A five year license exempts you from the hunting license but you still have to buy the archery license. Your license for this fall ends Dec 31st. If you don't fill the archery license before the 15th of Jan, it's good for next fall so I buy mine no matter what.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe your friend read where their talking about changing the licenses to start and stop like June 30th/July 1st
Goes into effect Jan 1st 2011
Page 6 of the regulations

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, now I'm embarassed. I have a lifetime, so don't follow those regs much.
Sorry about posting the wrong information.

From the Regs:
Jan. 1 - 15: All hunters must possess a hunting license and a deer archery license for the current calendar year, unless otherwise exempt. Most annual licenses are valid from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31.

Latest posts

Top Bottom