dun no body steal my idea beeches!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
how about a holographic red dot or illuminated scope, that keeps track of how many rounds you has left in your mag for you?

my paintball gun reloader is sound activated, why cant we have an eotech that has a small display in the corner, and have it synced to your guns shot sound, and have it preset to whatever count your mags are, and when you swap mags, do a tac reload, you just hit a lil button and it starts over again, and when you run empty and swap mag, it will know you shoulda ran out, so it resets itself to -1 from your preset. i know a good marksmen should keep track of their ammo in gun, but common, im lazy and for the guys spraying with full autos and bursts, i know they gotta loose track, i think this is a cool way to keep track without ever taking your eyes off your sights and out of firing stance. and i know its possible, those reloaders sync with the first shot, i fail to see why you would not be able to sync a real gun to a harmonic at the range and have it recognize its sound. and i know the reloaders i have seen never mistake the guys next to me shooting theirs.

neat idea? or am i an idiot?

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Something else to make some, more lazy and cause "dumb*** discharges".

i will give you the lazy, but dumbshit discharges receive no help, they were going to happen eventually because the dumbshit holding the gun is an idiot and either doesn't know what they are doing, or respect the gun.

but i guess it already exists.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It can be done but not using sound. It would measure the recoil and count based on that. I had a stabilizer for my old compound bow that had a digital read out and it counted shots based on "kick" I'd guess. It worked very well, actually. I'd imagine the technology for that kind of thing is even better now.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be cool too if it keep a lifetime total that could be reset if you change weapons.

You could even go as far to make it pc compatible and be able to log this info and any part replacements you make and how many rounds to that replacement. Could also enter in ballistics of the ammo being used and keep track of loads to reference later.

Add a wireless reciever/transmitter that hooks to a special target that could also keep track of where your hits are and digitally print targets later showing groups or show on the display your hits at longer ranges to eliminate the need for a spotting scope. Could even be a added acc. that has a digital read of your hits on a small lcd....... Would work well with steel targets......Just thinking outside......

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i am positive this one exists, but i am tired of spotting scopes while shooting for fun at the range. maybe i just need a different scope and tripod, but i think it would make things easier to just setup a wireless camera looking at my target, then retreat to any distance inside 1000 yards, and have a small case with a monitor and a cloak so you can see in the bright sun. i am also positive this would and does cost a small fortune.

yeah, recoil count would be more reliable probably. my only thought was recoil varies from gun to gun, and if someone had a 22 that they for some reason wanted it on, the thing might confuse being bumped for being shot.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea.

While we're at it, how about a iPad application that you can plot your shots on in competition. Then it can maintain your data, figure out groupings, provide data over time based on actual results. You also put in all of the other data for wind, mirage, yards, evevation, load, temp, sun, etc...

The remote camera at the target is something that a good number of ranges are going to. It's very cool and if I were building a range, I'd find a way to do it. Maybe even have it stream the images over the internet so you can just see it on your smartphone?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... but i am tired of spotting scopes while shooting for fun at the range. maybe i just need a different scope and tripod,

This ^

Your scope is good, but you need a tripod that can support it's weight and keep it stable. Another old trick that competition shooters use is to either attach a weight to the bottom of the shaft -or- a short spike to drive the center into the ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom