Duracoated suppressor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I've heard it will burn off if you do any kind of sustained firing.

You'd be better off with Cerakote, Moly Resin, or another bake on.

Hell...I'd use grill or engine paint, personally. But I don't care what my stuff looks like.

101ABN327

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of Cerakote. Old Yeller did an AR for me and it turned out NICE! Now I want the can done.

awww.hunt101.com_data_500_medium_FDE_M4_005.jpg

blackknight22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the caliber of can and what type of gun it will be used on. Molycoat does not stand up well to use on 5.56/223 cans when they see even limited auto use.

Molycoat and such coatings do well on about any other type cans that do not see a lot of use on machine guns- IMHO.

Anodizing can only be applied to the aluminum tubes and endcaps.

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What material is your can made of? If the exterior parts are aluminum then I would go w/ anodizing it is cheap, can be dyed any color permanitly, and the oxides that coat the piece are getting up there w/ diamond in hardness. At work I have a small air valve I constantly rebuild on transmisions. It has a aluminum body and a cap in one end held in by a snap ring. The cap is anodized blue and the body is unprotected. If the cap doesnt want to come out you knock it out from the other side, you can really bugger up the body and do no harm to cap itself. The proof is in the pudding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom