E15 gasoline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s being subsidized because it’s very expensive to make (3 versions, one from corn, one from sugar, and one synthetic),

I like it because it keeps your engine clean, the octane rating and it’s cheap.

Ethanol was "sold" to the public as "cheap (gas prices going up) and good for the environment.

It's "cheap" ONLY because of subsidies and the required kickbacks to the Dumbasscraps pushing the subsidies and environmental benefits.

Cut the subsidies, end the Big Guy and Gore getting their cut, ethanol will be gone faster then AOC at a mensa meeting.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They sell scents for ethanol too since it usually stinks when it burns 😂

https://www.a1racing.com/allstar-performance-all78132-fuel-fragrance-cotton-candy-4oz.aspx

Years ago I raced off road, was at Loretta Lynns Ranch one time when I was in a motto and kept smelling Root Beer. I went to asking around the pits if anyone else smelled it? Thought I was going crazy. Found out a guy was mixing the scent in his gas. This was back in early 80s and that scent stuff had came out!

Last edited:

TulsaMike

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ethanol was "sold" to the public as "cheap (gas prices going up) and good for the environment.

It's "cheap" ONLY because of subsidies and the required kickbacks to the Dumbasscraps pushing the subsidies and environmental benefits.

Cut the subsidies, end the Big Guy and Gore getting their cut, ethanol will be gone faster then AOC at a mensa meeting.
It’s poor man’s race fuel, and keeps the engine internals very clean… I’d still run it even if it was $4-$5 a gallon. Comparative race fuel is $10 a gallon or more for similar octane, or rolling the dice with methanol injection. My engine has nearly 140k on it, and I’ve been running e85 for about 5,000 miles. It’s amazing how clean the heads, pistons and valves are, with very little carbon buildup.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s poor man’s race fuel, and keeps the engine internals very clean… I’d still run it even if it was $4-$5 a gallon. Comparative race fuel is $10 a gallon or more for similar octane, or rolling the dice with methanol injection. My engine has nearly 140k on it, and I’ve been running e85 for about 5,000 miles. It’s amazing how clean the heads, pistons and valves are, with very little carbon buildup.

It’s hell when let it set in a fuel system/engine. And plastic/rubber don’t like it at all!
But yes it cleans and is clean.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes, it is. Doesn't change the BS that was "sold" to the general public.

1. Claim to be cheaper
2. Took grain that had been feed to make ethanol. Dog food went from $7.50 / 50# to $17.50 and cattle feed doubled, making beef prices go up. Yet, ethanol is SUBSIDIZED.
3. Gas mileage went down
4. Older engines had gasket and fuel line problems.
5. Gas got "stale" quicker. Ethanol is hydroscopic.
6. Small engines destroyed. Mowers, tillers, weed eaters, chain saws, outboard motors; with no posted warnings.

Racers are a small percentage to benefit, when compared to problems and costs forced on the entire citizenship. 50 years ago, I kept the washer fluid reservoir filled with methanol, poor man’s injection system.

Just another goobermint BS sales job.

TulsaMike

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it is. Doesn't change the BS that was "sold" to the general public.

1. Claim to be cheaper
2. Took grain that had been feed to make ethanol. Dog food went from $7.50 / 50# to $17.50 and cattle feed doubled, making beef prices go up. Yet, ethanol is SUBSIDIZED.
3. Gas mileage went down
4. Older engines had gasket and fuel line problems.
5. Gas got "stale" quicker. Ethanol is hydroscopic.
6. Small engines destroyed. Mowers, tillers, weed eaters, chain saws, outboard motors; with no posted warnings.

Racers are a small percentage to benefit, when compared to problems and costs forced on the entire citizenship. 50 years ago, I kept the washer fluid reservoir filled with methanol, poor man’s injection system.

Just another goobermint BS sales job.
Oh im with you 100%... I dont think anything out of Al Gores mouth should be trusted, let alone any time the government says "This will help you, we promise its better".

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, have a question here. What was the temperature like on the trip there versus the trip back?
If you are asking me I have no idea that was almost 4 years ago but i will say this my Corolla does not care what the temp is.
It gets the same MPG time after time all year if I keep same oil in it and same tire air pressure and same fuel.
That little 1.8 engine is just that good.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I blend E85 w/87 octane so that I blend out to ~95 octane. My SUV is tuned to run that and the duty cycle on injectors can handle the load at WOT.

Simple ECU + TCU tune on a stock SUV with gas blend makes almost 700hp and lets my 3 row family truckster run high 11 sec...

Latest posts

Top Bottom