Ebay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can file a claim with eBay. They will verify the seller offered refunds on the ad and they will process it for you. eBay actually has really good protections for the buyers. They want you to try to go through the seller first, but if that doesn't work out, eBay will usually give you a refund and get it back from the seller.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever been in a little bit of a hurry looking for an item and ordering without really checking it out? I needed a new gear shift boot cover for my 2011 Cadilac - old one will not stay snaped in place. Started looking online and got into Ebay- what I thought was the right thing, turned out to be totally the wrong thing. Ask to return it- message back in English/Chinese version was, we give you $4 and you keep it. It cost $25 and I have no use for it. Me back- no you posted that you take returns- them ok you send back to some address in China with part of it being in Chinese. Maybe I should have taken the $

You can file a claim with eBay. They will verify the seller offered refunds on the ad and they will process it for you. eBay actually has really good protections for the buyers. They want you to try to go through the seller first, but if that doesn't work out, eBay will usually give you a refund and get it back from the seller.
YEP

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought some replacement center caps for the wheels on my truck from some place in Miami, FL. A month goes by and not so much as an email back with a delivery estimate. So I reached out to them a few times and never heard back. I get with my credit card company and ask to dispute the charge. The dispute goes through and I kid you not, a week later I get the center caps. To this day the company has still never contacted me about my order.

Not sure how someone stays in business doing things like that . . .
I had a similar deal. I‘ve bought thousands of AA lithium batteries for game cameras off eBay, and last fall I bought some but was shipped AAA’s. I contacted the seller, and he told me to keep them and shipped me AA’s. I‘m like you and don’t know how a person makes money giving stuff away, because it doesn’t work for me. :anyone:

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've sold a lot of vintage electronics and stuff on ebay, there used to be some protections for the seller as well, but now it is essentially ALL in the buyers favor. Basically, I won't sell on ebay anymore and I buy whatever I want because I can send it back, no hassles at all besides boxing back up and getting the label. Heck, the seller even has to pay return shipping. Even if they say in their listing no returns, as is, ebay will step in for the buyer and force them to take it back or they will front it on their end. You can't lose.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update- packed up and took to post office- clerk laughed and said you sure you want to pay the China rate- sounds like this deal happens a lot. Anyway, he scaled it up and it was going to be $17.90 to ship. they offered me $8 for shipping. Guess it's time to get Ebay involved and get this deal over with. No more China direct.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever been in a little bit of a hurry looking for an item and ordering without really checking it out? I needed a new gear shift boot cover for my 2011 Cadilac - old one will not stay snaped in place. Started looking online and got into Ebay- what I thought was the right thing, turned out to be totally the wrong thing. Ask to return it- message back in English/Chinese version was, we give you $4 and you keep it. It cost $25 and I have no use for it. Me back- no you posted that you take returns- them ok you send back to some address in China with part of it being in Chinese. Maybe I should have taken the $4.
Just keep pushing them. Tell them you are going to file a return complaint with eBay. They don’t want to pay return shipping (very expensive to china). Keep pushing, most of the time they will refund and you keep it because of shipping charge.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just keep pushing them. Tell them you are going to file a return complaint with eBay. They don’t want to pay return shipping (very expensive to china). Keep pushing, most of the time they will refund and you keep it because of shipping charge.
Or just challenge it on your c.c. Item was described wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom