educate me on AK's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I switched from a plastic upper hand guard to a wood upper hand guard.

The wood is very loose & I need some kinda original pressure clip to keep it from wiggling.

I'm new to the AK world, maybe some of you AK experts have or know where I can get them?

*Also these are for my YUGO M70 model, but I 'think' they are the same part as an AK.

Thanx in advance,

~SD

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I switched from a plastic upper hand guard to a wood upper hand guard.

The wood is very loose & I need some kinda original pressure clip to keep it from wiggling.

I'm new to the AK world, maybe some of you AK experts have or know where I can get them?

*Also these are for my YUGO M70 model, but I 'think' they are the same part as an AK.

Thanx in advance,

~SD

you don't have an upper handguard spring? PM me your address and I'll drop one in the mail for you tomorrow.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very Generous of you....Thank You (PM sent)

Also does anybody have a pic or link, so I could understand better?

~SD

I can't really find a pic but if you turn your upper handguard over you should see a round groove on each side near the back(towards the end closest to the rear sight block). The spring fits in that and basically keeps tension on the handguard as it rests on the gas tube.

Don't mind the XD guy, he likes commie guns from Croatia. :laugh6:

SandDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't really find a pic but if you turn your upper handguard over you should see a round groove on each side near the back(towards the end closest to the rear sight block). The spring fits in that and basically keeps tension on the handguard as it rests on the gas tube.

I saw those grooves & wondered what they are for, now I know.

My Dad is on the same page as XD GUY....when I was first thinking of owning an AK he said:

"YOU NEVER BUY THE ENEMY'S WEAPON!!!"

~SD

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

He is probably right I don't know where my DPMS was made but it probably wasn't here. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom