• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Egg Crate Foam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Couple of thoughts...

- Used ones may contain body oils/fluids that will hamper adhesives from sticking to the foam.

- I'd use silicone caulk to glue the foam to the barrel. It holds well, and yet is removable without too much effort.

Just my 2¢ ...

Last edited:

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Couple of thoughts...

- Used ones may contain body oils/fluids that will hamper adhesives from sticking to the foam.

- I'd use silicone caulk to glue the foam to the barrel. It holds well, and yet is removable without too much effort.

Just my 2¢ ...
I saw a video where the guy used wire that, with some effort, he bent into a coil shape and used it to hold the material to the barrel. That way you can remove it and wash all the unburned powder out after several months. They say do that otherwise you're building a nice little incendiary....

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a video where the guy used wire that, with some effort, he bent into a coil shape and used it to hold the material to the barrel. That way you can remove it and wash all the unburned powder out after several months. They say do that otherwise you're building a nice little incendiary....
Make it to the Lawton/Elgin/Hobart/Lone Wolf/Carnagie area?

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hmmm... not a bad idea. Chicken wire should work, and is pretty cheap. It doesn't have to be gorilla stiff.

Otherwise, you might consider "hog wire" or "field fencing" (field fencing is cheaper, or at least it used to be). A friendly neighborhood farmer might even give you a few feet of any of the above to help you avoid buying a roll.

Just a ('nuther) thought. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom