Electricians or people that understand wiring, test me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It works better if you plug it in, but plug it in c a r e f u l l y.

LOL, I had a friend at one point who's kid plugged a fryer into a GFCI outlet and forgot it on. The actual outlet nearly caught fire but the GFCI tripped at some point so they got lucky. Outlet was destroyed and the wall was scorched a bit. Replaced the outlet for her and she was freaking out when I tested it without putting it back in the wall. I told her, "Here watch this." and stuck my bare finger onto the hot leg. She was freaking out by this point in time but nothing happened. I had stuck my other arm behind my back and made sure I was not grounded. I had on a pair of shoes and was standing on a vinyl floor with a wood subfloor. I figured the risk was minimal as long as I didn't short myself out.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What I know about electricity, I flip a switch my lights come on, I plug something in it works (usually), that's about it. Back in the day when I took my ASVAB, the electronics segment, I bombed. When asked about it, I told the recruiter the same that I stated at the beginning of this post. I watched and helped my father-in-law wire a few buildings that he had built and one that we had built, it doesn't seem to difficult, just something I don't want to learn.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I had a friend at one point who's kid plugged a fryer into a GFCI outlet and forgot it on. The actual outlet nearly caught fire but the GFCI tripped at some point so they got lucky. Outlet was destroyed and the wall was scorched a bit. Replaced the outlet for her and she was freaking out when I tested it without putting it back in the wall. I told her, "Here watch this." and stuck my bare finger onto the hot leg. She was freaking out by this point in time but nothing happened. I had stuck my other arm behind my back and made sure I was not grounded. I had on a pair of shoes and was standing on a vinyl floor with a wood subfloor. I figured the risk was minimal as long as I didn't short myself out.
I did that one time but I was leaning on the refrigerator and standing in a bucket of water.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOW?

how 1.JPG
how 2.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom