Elmer Keith auction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For some of us on here, Elmer Keith, Bill Jordan, Skeeter Skelton, and Charles Askin's have been our mentor's for decade's. I have almost all their book's, an still use them today to continue to learn, and teach. There are other's in this same bunch, but these four were responsible for great change's in the firearms world, and its a shame that for a lot of future shooters these greats of the firearms world are mostly forgotten. I've gone through and saved a lot of those pic's so I can look at them from time to time to remember the greats of our shooting history. For those who don't really know who these guys are, please search out their books an read them. Even though some were written decades ago the knowledge they hold is still current today.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For some of us on here, Elmer Keith, Bill Jordan, Skeeter Skelton, and Charles Askin's have been our mentor's for decade's. I have almost all their book's, an still use them today to continue to learn, and teach. There are other's in this same bunch, but these four were responsible for great change's in the firearms world, and its a shame that for a lot of future shooters these greats of the firearms world are mostly forgotten. I've gone through and saved a lot of those pic's so I can look at them from time to time to remember the greats of our shooting history. For those who don't really know who these guys are, please search out their books an read them. Even though some were written decades ago the knowledge they hold is still current today.

All of these were great. My personal favorite was Skeeter, but I read them all. Jack O'Conner and Jeff Cooper were great too. Just a different breed of men they were.

Latest posts

Top Bottom