Email I sent to State Senator Sykes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hrdware, I'm not disagreeing with you. I completely agree, thats the way it SHOULD be. But in the progressive world that we live in it's not the way that it's going to happen. We have a RIGHT, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't adopt policies that allow us to exercise our right, and allow us to evolve with the rest of society. As a student of law I honestly think that one of the problems in fighting for less restrictive gun laws is that we are very 19th century in our way of thinking. Not that it is a bad thing. But the issue is that those who make the laws, and decide when they're broken, believe that the law must evolve with society. And the reason is because cultures change their habits, technology changes habits, new circumstances come about which didn't exist in the 19th century. WE, as the exercisers, must evolve and change our ways of thinking if we want our freedoms to continue another 100 years. That's just a fact.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm shocked by the perception that the average person is going to see a gun and immediately call the police, or that a police officer is immediately going to suspect someone carrying is up to no good. Maybe it's because I'm from VA where open carry is legal, and I openly carried there without the slightest question from a person or police officer, but I just don't get it. Are you guys dealing with this now? It just sounds like a harassment suit waiting to happen.

Back to the topic at hand. I have followed the law by obtaining my SDA license, and with that I'm prepared to present it if necessary. I don't need another item, Period.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm, sit'in in the man cave think'n Badges? Yeah, that's what we need... Badges!

[Broken External Image]

Personally, I'd rather not have to show anything to open carry my weapon! My weapon will simply stay in its holster until some idiot pulls his weapon and starts acting stupid.. then I'll pull mine and act as necessay to protect myself & my family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom