Enclosed trailers, flat nose or v-nose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying a 16' or larger enclosed trailer. Any one have experience with pulling them? Does the V-nose make a difference? Biggest I've pulled was just a 12' U-Haul trailer, but that was with a 1/2 ton truck. I'll be pulling with a F250 diesel now.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Go get yourself a brick and log splitting wedge. Fill your bathtub with water, then shove both of them through the water, "point" first. You tell me which one you want to pull at 65-75mph.

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
V-nose it'll be then. I wasn't sure if the truck cutting the wind would negate needing a v-nose or not. Thanks guys.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
V-nose it'll be then. I wasn't sure if the truck cutting the wind would negate needing a v-nose or not. Thanks guys.

There's enough gap between the truck and trailer to make the V worth it IMO. If you were driving an SUV that was fully as tall and wide as the trailer body, and it had a short tongue, then you could make that argument.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
V nose will sacrifice interior sq footage. If you're pulling long hauls v may be better but if it's a construction trailer for around town or less than 30 min trips the flat nose may be the better option as you get more usable space in the same trailer length.

Nothing is perfect and all have pros and cons. Buy what suits you best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom